Best Practices I
KPRIT has developed some best practices which added to the quality improvement in terms of teaching and learning at the Institute. KPRIT’s best practices are the educational strategies, activities and approaches undertaken to ensure that each student gets maximum benefit from the educational experience at the Institute.
Best Practice I
- Title of the Practice: “Societal Empowerment through Innovative Student Projects”
- Objective of the practice:
- Involve students and faculty in interdisciplinary research in cutting-edge technologies
- To sharpen the student's practical laboratory skills.
- To upgrade the student's ability to collect, analyse and interpret experimental data.
The course structure assigns credits to the industry participation through Mini-Projects, Major Projects addressing the societal needs and Internships. The faculty members of the institute, encourages students and promotes research and innovation in the present technological revolutionary change.
- Course-based projects, Certificate Courses, Weekend projects and classroom learning into a project-based experience.
- Laboratories are established in every department identifying the respective domain expertise.
- Project exhibitions are organized to explore the ideas of project work.
- Evidence of Success:
- Projects like Electronic Mirror using Raspberry Pi, War Field Spy Robot with Wireless Night Vision Camera and Voice Based Path Control of Robot with AI successfully completed by students which are useful to society.
- Some Projects prepared by students like, Analysis and Prediction of Seer Cancer (Breast) using Machine Learning, Design of Power Efficient Rounding based Approximate Multiplier for DSP in Xilinx, and Optimal Implementation of 4×4 FIFO Queues in A Single Level Memory are useful for updating the present technology.
- Problems Encountered and Resources Required:
- Maintaining equilibrium between Research and Academia.
- Identifying and retaining the research team Expertize/training in upcoming technologies, on a continuous basis.
- Institutional network beyond the academic sphere.
- Development of non-scientific skills related to research.
In the interest of the college and for the benefit of the students, it is necessary to take up student’s project initiation which will improve their knowledge and it will be beneficial to society too.